Protecting your assets and your client’s information is one of the most important duties of any entrepreneur. The increased use of technology has made our lives easier, but also made us vulnerable to cyber-attacks. Over 67 percent of small and medium-sized businesses experienced some form of cyber-attack in 2018 alone, while only 28 percent of SMBs rated themselves “highly effective” in diminishing threats. Some reports to look at include:
- The average cost in time of a malware attack is 50 days.
- From 2016 to 2017 there was a 22.7 percentage increase in cybersecurity costs.
- The most expensive component of a cyber attack is information loss, which represents 43 percent of costs.
- In companies with over 50,000 compromised records, the average cost of a data breach is $6.3 million.
Being forward thinking about cybersecurity is a good thing, but the costs associated with setup and maintenance may prove more expensive when starting out.
One of the most cost-efficient methods of protecting your data is with a Secure Socket Layer or Transport Layer Security Certificate; SSL/TLS. An SSL/TLS Certificate is a small data file which digitally binds a cryptographic key to your organization’s data. When installed on a web server, the padlock and the HTTPS protocol are activated to provide secure connections between a server and browser. Some of the benefits of acquiring an SSL/TSL for your website are:
- Achieve a stronger Google SEO ranking
- Create a safer experience for your residents
- Build customer trust and improves conversions
- Encrypt the sensitive data that gets transmitted
- Use SSL/TLS with identity verification helping distinguish your website from fraudulent look-alikes
We understand the need for a secure and trustworthy presence online. Contact us any time about setting up your business or association with an SSL/TLS certificate on any ComWeb hosted website. To learn more about this, or any additional services we provide, you can contact ComWeb at (866) 491-5397.